Website Management and Hosting
We at Oliver & Spence take the management of your website serious, and one key management feature is to ensure your website is secure and kept up to date. Hackers look for vulnerabilities in old, out-dated versions of themes and plugins and even WordPress itself, to find ways into your website. Once in, no telling what they might do to your website. You need to be vigilant and stay protected. That is where we come in. We do all the heavy lifting and give you peace of mind that your website is safe and secure, and if something goes wrong we can fix it.
Over the past couple years there have been some significant changes to our client websites with two of the biggest being the migration all client websites to a new bigger and faster server, and updating all websites to run on the latest version of WordPress 5. Along with this, every month a large number of plugins and themes are updated by their developers to fix bugs, add features, and most importantly plug potential security holes. Therefore, it is critical that your website software is kept up to date with all of the latest versions.
With all of the constant software updates and websites becoming more complex, we have had no choice to cancel our Self Managed plan option. Unfortunately, we found that very few ever updated their website software, leaving their website, and our server, open to attacks. We do our best to ensure that security software is in place to block such things, but that is only part of the solution. Therefore, we no longer offer this option because if even one website gets hacked, it could potentially take down our entire server. We can no longer take that risk.
Website Management Plan Features
We are now offering our clients two options for managing their website software and general hosting.
- Standard Plan – covers all the basic needs to keep your website safe, secure and running smoothly (see below for full details).
- Premium Plan – in addition to all the features of the Standard plan, the Premium adds enhancements to security and optimization. It also offers basic search engine optimization, and free primary domain name renewal (see below for full details).
Basic Website Features included in all websites:
- Unlimited Storage & Bandwidth
- Daily Server Backups
- Server Level Optimization
- SSL Certificate
- Google Analytics
- Premium Plugins for Security, Performance, Optimization and Uptime Monitoring
- Manual Updates for WordPress, Themes, and Plugins
- Regression Testing post Updates
Standard Plan Features includes all Basic Features plus
- 5 Emails Accounts
- 1 Alias Account (secondary domain name points to primary domain)
- Website Image Optimization
- Website Performance Optimization
- Website Security
- 24-Hour Issue Response
Premium Plan Features include all Standard Features plus:
- Free Renewal of Primary Domain (the website domain)
- Unlimited Email Accounts
- 5 Alias Accounts (secondary domains that point to primary domain)
- Enhanced Google Analytics
- Enhanced Website Security
- Enhanced Email Spam Protection
- Search Engine Optimization (basic setup)
- 12-Hour Issue Response
Website Management Plan Options
We understand that not all websites are treated equal, nor are our client budgets. With that, we offer a variety of payment options for both plans:
How often do you want your website updated? For larger or e-commerce websites generally there are far more plugins required to run the website. More plugins means more potential updates. Therefore, we highly recommend going with monthly updates with these types of sites. That said, even small sites should go with monthly updates to ensure complete security.
- Monthly – at least once a month we update your website – recommend
- Quarterly – every quarter we update your website
- Semi-Annual – twice a year we update your website
We understand budgets can be a concern so we offer two payment schedule options:
- Monthly – to keep your payments lower, go with the month to month payment option
- Annually – pay the full plan annually and save compared to monthly payment option
Management Plan Q&A
Do I have to use a credit card?
Short answer is: Yes you do. However, if for some reason it is not possible, please complete the Website Management Inquiry form below and we will try to make the necessary arrangements. This exception only applies to annual payment schedules.
Can I change my plan?
Yes you can upgrade of downgrade at any time. The effective change will occur at the next renewal cycle.
Can I manage my own website?
Yes you can but unfortunately not while your website is being hosted on our server. If you wish to manage your website, please submit a Transfer Notice below to inform us that you wish to transfer your website to another hosting provider of your choice.
Do I really need Premium?
Well, that depends. If you have a large website or an e-commerce website we highly recommend that you do. Or if being found on Google is important to you, then yes.
What If I Don't Need My Website Anymore?
We are sorry to hear that but it is quite simple process. Complete the Transfer/Terminate form below indicating you want to terminate your website. We complete the termination at the end of the next renewal. We will back up your website and give you access to it.
Website Management Inquiry
Please complete the form below if you have questions about the plan options, or you are requesting an alternate payment option.
Transfer / Terminate Notice
If you wish to move or cancel your website hosted on an Oliver & Spence server, please complete the form below and submit your request.